Established company in Southwest Baltimore is seeking a hardworking, reliable, honest individual to assist in all aspects of equipment installation, service, repair, and maintenance. This individual will be based in our Baltimore Facility and will be responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform skilled inspections, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair on light commercial refrigeration equipment and lab testing equipment.
- Maintain equipment by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, and completing repairs and maintenance service.
- Use various resources available to successfully complete diagnosis and repair, such as manufacturers technical support staff, manufacturers technical literature, internet, etc.
- Source parts, materials and supplies from company approved vendors to successfully complete repairs. Create and submit purchase orders for approvals.
- Assist with the installation of various equipment, when necessary
- Provide HVAC technical support to engineers and technicians in the test lab.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance on commercial refrigeration, environmental testing chambers, HVAC equipment and cooling towers.
- Universal CFC Certification
- 5 years of experience or equivalent
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of electrical and refrigeration components at a Journeyman level
- Analytic and a strong communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid and clean driving record
- Background in electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic machinery.
- Experience with environmental chambers
- Education provided by Vocational or Technical college
- Experience with Cascade Refrigeration
- This position is based in our Baltimore, MD location and rarely requires travel
We offer excellent benefits including a competitive salary, medical, dental, paid vacation, and a retirement plan with employer participation.